Canada’s Parents and Grandparents (PGP) Program is unique in the world. It gives families the chance to reunite here, providing them the opportunity to thrive in this country. Family reunification plays a significant role in attracting, retaining and integrating immigrants who contribute to our success as a country.
Using the same random selection process as used in previous years, IRCC will send invitations to potential sponsors who have already submitted an interest to sponsor their Parents or Grandparents. This will give interested sponsors the opportunity to bring their parents and grandparents to Canada. Invitations to apply will be sent over to the e-mail address used to submit Expression of interest to sponsor Parents or Grandparents.
Those invited to apply as part of this process will be able to submit an application for Permanent Residency for Parents or Grandparents.
How much income do I need to sponsor my parents and grandparents?
You, the sponsor (and your co-signer, if you have one) must prove you have enough income to support all the people you’ll be financially responsible for once you become a sponsor. This includes yourself.
If you’re invited to apply, you have to provide proof that you meet the income requirements for each of the 3 tax years before the date you apply.
IRCC can’t assess whether you meet the income requirements until you apply (if you’re invited).
Note: For the 2022 process, IRCC will assess sponsors on their income for tax years 2021, 2020 and 2019.
This table applies to you if you live in any province or territory except Quebec. If you live in Quebec, the Quebec ministry in charge of immigration will assess your income.
Income required for the 3 tax years right before the day you apply-
- IRCC invites more people to apply than the number of applications we aim to receive because not all sponsors who are invited to apply submit an application.
- Those not invited to apply may consider applying for a super visa, which would allow a parent or grandparent to visit them in Canada for up to 5 years at a time, without the need to renew their status. A super visa allows multiple entries for up to 10 years.
- Those who are invited to apply will have 60 days to submit the application.
- In order to confirm whether they’ve been selected, potential sponsors should check the email account they used to submit their interest to sponsor form. They will also be able to check their status online using their confirmation number. Further details will be posted on our website in the coming weeks for those who no longer have access to their email account.
- Misplaced confirmation numbers can be retrieved using the Lost My Confirmation Number tool, which will be available online once all the invitations have been sent.
Our Consultancy in helping you get Permanent Residents
The Canadian Visa Immigration Consultancy can help the applicants right from the beginning of journey, from registering your application till you receive the decision on your permanent residency application. We are dedicated to providing you with a superior standard of service quality while ensuring your Immigration Case is successfully concluded in a timely manner. Our consultants are fully licensed and qualified as required by the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC) which is the primary governing body for the Immigration industry in Canada.
- Superior standard of service quality
- Immigration is successfully concluded in time
- Fully licensed and qualified Immigration consultants of ICCRC
- Highly Experienced professionals